-Caveat Lector-

>>>Note:  Not all people can take all drugs -- legal or otherwise.  Of course, the most
extreme experiences usually make the news and are therefore used to extrapolate
misleading statistics taken as pseudo-fact.  I for one, have a hard time with
"statins" the
family of drugs that are used to reduce cholesterol.  One of the side effects is
having a
muscular rigidity and I've experienced this almost immediately with two versions (and
I'm
about to embark on a third).  Beyond this, there are considerations as far as liver
function
effects.  And on and on.  The ill effects of some drugs are well known (alcohol, e.g.)
but
people keep on taking them because they feel better off with them than without.
Different
strokes for different folks.  Some people freak out on some things that others can
take for
indefinite periods of time with no apparent ill effect.  An excellent site that
explores many
facets of drugs in all their wonderous kinds is at the first linque below.  Note that
some
titles may be viewed and when going to a different page that title will not be
highlighted as
having been visited; this is because there are many article with the same title
heading.
A<>E<>R <<<

@ http://www.biopsychiatry.com/index.html

THE  RESPONSIBLE  PARENT'S  GUIDE
TO  HEALTHY  MOOD-BOOSTERS
FOR  ALL  THE  FAMILY

>From http://muselore.homestead.com/paxil.html

Paxil (Paroxetine) Side Effects

Frequent - Paxil (Paroxetine) Side Effects

Body as a Whole: Malaise (a vague feeling of bodily discomfort), pain.

Cardiovascular: Hypertension, syncope (a sudden loss of strength, a temporary
suspension
of consciousness due to cerebral anemia), tachycardia (excessive rapidity in the
action of
the heart).

Dermatological: Pruritus (Intense itching)

Gastrointestinal: Nausea and vomiting.

Metabolic and Nutritional: Weight gain, weight loss.

Nervous System: Central Nervous System stimulation, concentration impaired, depression,
emotional lability (emotional instability), vertigo (a hallucination of movement; a
sensation
as if the external world were revolving around the patient or as if he himself were
revolving
in space).

Respiratory: Cough increased, rhinitis (inflammation of the mucus membrane of the
nose).

Infrequent - Paxil (Paroxetine) Side Effects
Infrequent Paxil side effects occurred in at least 1 in 1000 people.

Body as a Whole: Allergic reaction, chills, face edema (abnormal amount of fluid in the
facial tissue), infection, moniliasis (infection caused by Candida (yeast like fungi),
neck pain,
overdose. Cardiovascular: Bradycardia (abnormal slowness of the heartbeat), conduction
abnormalities (abnormal transfer of sound waves, heat, nerve influences, or
electricity),
ECG abnormal, hypotension (lowered blood pressure), migraine, ventricular
extrasystoles (a
premature contraction of the heart).

Dermatological: Acne, alopecia (absence of hair from the body where it is normally
present), dry skin, ecchymosis (blood under the skin, usually looks or appears like a
bruise),
eczema (an inflammatory skin disease characterized by lesions varying greatly in
character,
at times watery discharge and the development of scales and crust), furunculosis (a
number of painful nodules formed in the skin, caused by bacteria, which enter through
the
hair follicles or glands, its formation is favored by digestive derangement and local
irritation), herpes simplex, urticaria (reaction of the skin to certain drugs, marked
by the
appearance of smooth, slightly elevated patches, which are redder or paler than the
surrounding skin and often includes severe itching).

Gastrointestinal: Bruxism (grinding of the teeth especially during sleep), buccal
cavity
disorders (cavity running from the cheeks to the lips), dysphagia (inflammation of the
esophagus), eructation (the act of belching or casting up wind from the stomach),
gastroentertitis (inflammation of the stomach or intestines), gastrointestinal flu,
glossitis
(inflammation of the tongue), increased salivation, liver function test abnormal, mouth
ulceration, vomiting and diarrhea, rectal hemorrhage.

Hematologic and Lymphatic: Anemia, leukopenia (reduction in the number of leukocytes in
the blood), lymphadenopathy (disease of the lymphnodes), purpura (condition charactized
by the presence of blood just under the skin, can appear any where over the body), WBC
abnormality (white blood cell abnormality).

Musculoskeletal: Arthralgia (pain in the joint), arthritis, traumatic fracture.

Nervous System: Akinesia (the temporary paralysis of a muscle, can include intense
pain),
alcohol abuse, amnesia, ataxia (failure of muscular coordination or irregularity of
muscle
action), convulsion, depersonalization, hallucinations, hyperkinesia (abnormally
increased
mobility, abnormally increased motor function or activity), hypertonia (a condition of
excessive tone, tension or activity, can include increased blood pressure),
incoordination,
lack of emotion, manic reaction, paranoid reaction, thinking abnormal.

Respiratory: Asthma, bronchitis, dyspnea (difficult or labored breathing), epistaxis
(hemorrhage from the nose), hyperventilation, pneumonia, respiratory flu, sinusitis.

Special Senses: Abnormality of accommodation, conjunctivitis, ear pain, eye pain,
mydriasis
(extreme or morbid dilation of the pupil), otitis media (inflammation of the ear which
may
be marked by pain, fever, abnormalities of hearing, deafness, tinnitus, and vertigo),
tinnitus
(a noise in the ear, as ringing, buzzing, roaring clicking etc).

Urogenital: Abortion*, amenorrhea* (absence or abnormal stoppage of menses), breast
pain*, cystitis (inflammation of the urinary bladder), dysmenorrhea* (painful
menstruation), dysuria (painful or difficult urination), menorrhagia* (excessive
uterine
bleeding occurring at regular intervals), nocturia (excessive urination at night),
polyuria (the
passage of a large volume of urine in a given period), urinary incontinence, urinary
retention, urinary tract infection, urinary urgency, vaginitis* (inflammation of the
vagina). *
Gender specific
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A<>E<>R
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Forwarded as information only; I don't believe everything I read or send
(but that doesn't stop me from considering it; obviously SOMEBODY thinks it's
important)
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107, this material is distributed without
charge or
profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this type of
information for
non-profit research and educational purposes only.
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth
shut."
--- Ernest Hemingway