-Caveat Lector-

http://wokv.com/news/local_1.html

Duval Voting Troubles Continue

Though they opened on-time, troubles with the new voting machines at a number of
precincts in Duval County prevented many ballots from being counted, though we are now
told that the problem has been resolved.

Among those precincts affected was the Mary Singleton Senior Center, the precinct that
had the most trouble on Primary Day. Corrine Brown, congressional candidate, was
outraged at the problems at the polls and told WOKV NEWS that she was aware of a
similar
problem at precinct 10J. Both of those polls are in heavily African-American
precincts, and
she wondered why those precints seem to have the most problems.

Reports from around the city suggest the problem is more widespread than just those
precincts, we received similar reports from at least four other polling sites,
including one in
Clay county, though we understand all machines are now online and processing ballots.

Poll workers tell WOKV NEWS that in those cases where a ballot didn't process, they
will set
those ballots aside and try again after the polls close at 7pm. They were adamant that
all
ballots would be counted.

Thus far turnout is about as expected, with short lines at many precincts.

http://archive.jab.org/ctrl@;listserv.aol.com/
 <A HREF="http://archive.jab.org/ctrl@;listserv.aol.com/">ctrl</A>