up.

- jt

----- Original Message -----

Thursday, November 07, 2002

ELECTION POST-MORTEM
NOVEMBER 7. The last stragglers are in the door from their drunken victory
parties or their drunken defeat-immolations. The last votes are being
tallied.

The Repubs have slightly extended their control of the House and have made
it over the top in the Senate.

Today, Democrats will be predicting dire consequences for the nation and
cursing everyone who didn't see it coming.

Which is like shouting new warnings from a train that has been careening for
a century.

If you didn't vote, or if you voted for an independent or a small-party
candidate, people will say you're a traitor and have no right to whine.

Of course, the truth is the opposite. If you voted for a Demo or a Repub,
you have invited the future inside your house without first checking ID or
pedigree.

Voter News Service (VNS), that idiot box invented by ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, FOX
and AP, decided not to relay exit poll numbers to the networks last night.
Therefore, news anchors were "placed under a great strain" (I saw no one
sweating) and had to report results from the actual vote count.

What a terrible burden.

In truth, VNS did relay its projections, based on partial vote counts, to
the networks, and the news editors then drummed up their forecasts from
those projections.

VNS claimed their informal exit polls---which caused such havoc in the 2000
election---ran into problems of interpretation. But VNS has always had
problems with exit polls---in many cases, in past elections, they have
fudged or invented exit data numbers.

Anyway, my own election prediction was entirely accurate, as you can see.
The One Party Posing As Two, the Demo-Repub, won. Thank you, thank you. (I'm
bowing.)

Although the networks are reporting it was a very clean election, if you
hunt around the Internet, you'll see some rumblings. Try www.talion.com.
Also, Matt Drudge has a piece about compliaints in Florida.

More states are using the computer touch-system this time around. These
machines employ software that is proprietary. No one can check it out.
Therefore, as I wrote two years ago, the People are now disenfranchised on a
new level.

How do you re-count those computer tallies? Call in a technician who works
for the private firm that makes the machines?

No, you don't even do that. Because the tech only shows up when voters say
they voted for Joe but the machine said Frank. Nobody can see whether the
software codes have been pre-rigged or hacked into.

I know, this kind of talk upsets some people who want to believe in Pretty
and Nice and Clean and Wheaties and good old Apple Pie.

But such emotional upsets will be nothing compared with their reaction when
the One Party Posing As Two brings the next few years' worth of criminality
down the pipeline.

Coming right at you.

As for the impending war on Iraq, an issue which the Demos will scream
about---"We lost the election and this war is what THEY are now getting us
into!"---may I remind you that the One Party Congress has already voted to
give Bush carte blanche on that front.

As I finally turned off the tube last night, Tom Daschle was still trying to
spin his little top and say it was a pretty good night for his people. With
only One Party in the US, he had a point.

Bill Clinton, George Bush, the other Bush---put them in a bag and close your
eyes and pick one out.

Fred Thompson, the actor who became a senator from Tennessee and then
retired, already has a gig as the DA on Law and Order. Fred knows, after a
frustrating period in the senate, that Repub or Demo or TV is pretty much
the same thing. So he's a step ahead of the game. Good work, Fred.

The night before the election, Dan Rather did a guest shot on Larry King.
You know, the one of great wisdom gives his precious and suitably humble
evaluation of the Races For Office. Dan is a real piece of work. Let him
talk for ten minutes in an interview and he will say something bizarre. It's
guaranteed. This time, Dan was assessing cable news coverage of
sensationalized stories (the sniper case), and he offered up the thought
that, since cable has a deadline "every nanosecond," it tends to BLATHER.
That was the word Dan used, perhaps forgetting that many people call him Dan
Blather.

Greg Palast, a former government rackets investigator who is now an
investigative reporter, has assembled some searing info on election fraud in
Florida. He was recently interviewed by BUZZFLASH (before yesterday's vote).

Palast, who has worked for the BBC, found that, prior to the 2000 election,
a list of 94,000 mostly black voters was assembled--an OP "planned and
executed with the connivance of the [Kathleen] Harris and the [Jeb Bush]
Governor's office."

These 94,000 voters were taken off the registration rolls because they were
felons." But under threat of suit from the NAACP, the company that put
together the purge list admitted that, at best, 3,000 were really felons.

But this list wasn't restored to the voting rolls in time for yesterday's
election.

Palast also discovered that the Florida touch screens are made by a company
called ES&S. ES&S was chosen for the contract by Kathleen Harris, the then
secretary of state under Jeb Bush. ES&S has a lobbyist named Sandy Mortham.
Sandy is the founder of the group known as Women for Jeb. She began the
project of IDing and eliminating black voters from the rolls in 1998.

Palast blames the Democrats for not blowing open this scandal. He states
that after this election he's going to change his "party affiliation to
none."

Note: I am not reporting on Palast because I think the only voter fraud in
Florida and elsewhere is on the Republican side. Again, do a keyword search
on my archive and read my articles on the 2000 election frauds.

Politicians are actors. When Jeb Bush got up there last night and happily
celebrated his victory, he was skating. He was pretending, even to himself,
that The People had chosen him fair and square. The acting prowess of pols
still bamboozles most Americans. They can't imagine anyone can be that good.
"He must be sincere and honest. Look at him. It's real."

Well yes it is, given that all heavy cheaters who engage in low-life
chiseling are trying to gain praise and approval. And when victory arrives,
they really do feel vindicated. They are experts in schizoid-ness.

The only difference between their variety and the version contained in the
psychiatric textbooks is, YOU'RE NOT SCHIZOPHRENIC IF YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH
IT.

More on ES&S, the company that makes all the voting machines. ES&S is owned
by the McCarthy Group. Michael McCsrthy happens to be the campaign treasurer
for Nebraska Senator Chuck Hagel. According to Citizens for Legitimate
Government, Hagel "list[s] the McCarthy Group as an Asset, with his
investment valued at $1-$5 million." ES&S is the only company allowed to
sell voting machines in the state of Nebraska.

There's a syllogism in there, and it isn't pretty.

John Samples, writitng in the National Review, points out a different kind
of voter fraud problem in Florida:

"Now the civil-rights groups are trying to use Florida to get rid of the ID
requirement. They say that having to show an ID [like a driver's license, at
polling places] will dscourage minorities from coming to the polls. But the
ID requirement addresses a real problem created by an earlier 'reform,' the
Voter Motor law. The Democratic congressional majority that wrote Motor
Voter made sure no local election official could remove names from the
registration rolls. Consequently the rolls are a mess and offer an open
invitation to voting fraud."

Ah yes. Every which way.

"Well, they're cheating their butts off. So we have to do it, too."

I believe, two years ago, I invited people to write me and let me know if
they had ever been interviewed at the polls by Voter News Service. VNS,
which last night chickened out on reporting their exit-poll stats to the TV
networks, has claimed, in the past, that they do EXTENSIVE exit polling at
voting precincts all over the nation. My own informal survey turns up NO ONE
who states he has ever been approached by a VNS person.

In the past, these VNS exit polls---"who did you vote for? why?"---have been
used to make the projections the networks used to announce early winners in
elections all over the US.

VNS gets the actual vote count, as it comes in, direct from the states. In
other words, this media-created consortium knows the vote counts before we
do. When they obtain (concoct?), on top of that, their informal exit polls,
and base their early predictions of winners on those exit polls, and when
they relay those early predictions to the very TV networks who created VNS..
well, sounds like a closed loop, doesn't it?

A closed information loop. VNS has the ongoing vote count---although we can
t verify it, especialy when it comes through ES&S voting screens---and VNS
gets (concocts?) these exit polls---and VNS then relays its early
predictions of winners to the networks---and then the networks announce the
predictions---so where are WE in all this?

Gazing at the moon.

But don't worry, be happy. Vote for the One Party Posing As Two, take two
Dan Rathers and call me in the morning.

I ran for a seat in the US Congress in 1994, from the 29th District in Los
Angeles. I went to the vote-count building with my staff on election night.
I took the canned tour. I stared blankly at the computers doing their work.
I was told that the machine that received the final computer gobbledegook
was eight miles away in another building, where the ultimate vote count was
made. I found out that the software for the final machine contained a
suspiciously long number of lines of code. a computer geek let me know that
one guy with a laptop and those codes, on election night, could hack in and
change a few digits, get out, let the NEW AND IMPROVED vote numbers
register, hack back in, restore the original code, climb into his car, and
drone off into the night.

Back in 1988 or so, the prestigious New Yorker magazine ran a long piece on
the coming era of electronic voter fraud. How it could be done. Nobody paid
much attention. Here today, gone tomorrow. It's tomorrow.

written by Jon Rappoport

http://archive.jab.org/ctrl@;listserv.aol.com/
 <A HREF="http://archive.jab.org/ctrl@;listserv.aol.com/">ctrl</A>