-Caveat Lector-

> Bring out the band - flw and I actually pretty much agree on something!
>
> Although I would amend his initial statement to something like
>
> : Unfortunately the stupid and deadly Israeli and Palestinian policies of
> violence over negotiations , as well as the active sabotage of Oslo, by
all
> involved parties, only supports the terrorists.

Yes, this is true. However the Israelis bare more responsibility since
they are the occupiers. It is recognized under international law that
the occupied have a basic human right to oppose illegal occupation
through violence. The Israelis are the more powerful of the two.
It is axiomatic that in order for negotiations to succeed, the stronger
must meet the weaker halfway - not demand concessions through
bullying. The English are trying to come to terms with this in North
Ireland but the Israeli public still permits the Radical Right call the
shots - to its neverending sorrow. The Israeli public still thinks it
can destroy the will of the Palestinians through state terrorism.
However as we all know, History proves this is a false hope.

Short of mass genocide of the Palestinians or massive ethnic cleansing
(which I doubt even the Bushites would permit) the only way to end
the violence is for Israel to permit a real state to exist with real
contiguous borders. The other alternative short of mass murder is
that eventually the Arabs will outnumber the Jewish Israelis and
succeed through sheer demographics to create a multi ethnic
secular state. Some Palestinians are publiclly calling for this
claiming this is the only ultimate solution that will work since the
Israelis will never free the Palestinians.
flw