I am struggling a bit with getting bitmap cursors to work, having made an
XBM-file with a hotspot, and initially defining cursors as

Cursors

{

Move "xbm:cursor.xbm" "xbm:cursor-mask.xbm"

}

having quickly made the files through "convert cursor.png cursor.xbm" and
copying cursor.xbm to cursor-mask.xbm

(disregarding the actual mask for now.)

I get the error "Cursor bitmaps ... and ... are not the same size", though (and
the move-cursor remains the default).

Is there some way I am supposed to do this or some different file
format/options to use?

More preferably though, are greyscale, coloured, or even animated cursors
supported?
I noticed in icon options in the manual stuff about animated icons of the sort
"xpm:ball%.xpm", is there similar support for cursors?

I know X11 cursors are quite advanced, but I assume these are incomaptible with
ctwm (although for some reason, GTK-applications like firefox decide to use the
adwaita/X11 cursors from somewhere, rather than the ones used elsewhere in
ctmw).