On Sat, Aug 12, 2023 at 03:22:56PM +0200 I heard the voice of
Rhialto, and lo! it spake thus:
> There seems to be only a single fork() in ctwm anyway, to call m4 to
> parse the config file. The SIGCHLD changing could be limited to that
> area, then set back to default.
>
> Or, alternatively, a proper signal handler for SIGCHLD could be set up.

Presumably, we'd need to do the latter to handle the "inheriting
unexpected children" case properly anyway.  I wonder what happened
before the SIG_IGN change.  I guess we just accumulated zombies?

>From the looks of that PR, it doesn't seem like any kernel-side
changes have fallen out of it, and cvsweb doesn't show any recent
changes to system(3), so I presume this is still needed?

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fulle...@over-yonder.net