In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Mon, 20 Feb 2006 11:22:12 +0200, "Zvi Har'El"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

rl> Hi, I have a problem with ctwm window title when it contains
rl> nonascii charaters. More precisely, I am using en_US.UTF-8 locale,
rl> and browse with firefox the my homepage at
rl> ttp://www.math.technion.ac.il/~rl/ . The page title is
rl>
rl> <TITLE>Zvi Har?El</TITLE>
rl>
rl> Where the apostrophe is a single right quote, U+2019.
[...]
rl> However, the actual window title shows a space after the
rl> apostrophe,  and when I invoke f.identify I get a similar
rl> result. I attach both screenshots. I am using the following fonts:
rl>
rl> MenuFont "-misc-fixed-bold-r-normal--13-*-*-*-*-*-iso10646-1"
rl> TitleFont "-misc-fixed-bold-r-normal--13-*-*-*-*-*-iso10646-1
rl> WorkspaceFont "-misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--8-*-*-*-*-*-iso10646-1"
rl>
rl> but if I use an identical font in the xterm I still see no spaces
rl> in xprop or xwininfo, so it doesn't seem to be a font problem.

Sounds like we have a i18n or l10n error.  I'll have a look this
evening.  I haven't looked too deeply into this yet, so I don't know
what to expect.  If anyone else wants to take a peek as well, please
be my guest.  Patches are always welcome!

Cheers,
Richard

-----

Richard Levitte                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                        http://richard.levitte.org/

                                                -- C.S. Lewis