On Sun 30 Dec 2007 at 15:44:20 +0100, Rhialto wrote:
>     XWarpPointer (dpy, None, t->frame, 0, 0, 0, 0, x, y);
>
> adds some offset (but that seems fairly unlikely).

except that it does. The origin of a Window is apparently inside the
Window's border. I had to look that up, such things are not in manpages.

So that was easily fixed. My next question is: can I know if the
position we're going to move the mouse to is actually visible (not
obscured)? (because, if the pointer is actually in the correct window we
need not raise it)

I discussed this with someone and they suggested the only possible way
would be to await the next EnterNotify message, and if it wasn't for the
desired window, raise it.

I'd rather not do that if I can avoid it, the state machine is quite
complicated enough as it is. But does anyone have a better idea?

-Olaf.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.