The stories of connectivity in the country of America
are kind of difficult to grasp because they are very much
individualized.  This individualized nature of stories of the strength
of the relationships between people are being created moment by moment
with in our lives. Is it so simple?  I believe that it is, why  would
it have to be difficult to enjoy the experiences of our live and to
take the time to tell our families: peers and life partners about the
lives that we have lived before and after we come into contact with
them.
                Like emerging from  the dark to tell a story around the
camp fire. People in the modern day have been given the kitchen table,
living room, porch and the two seated swing where they have choosen to
convey the events that shaped theirs days and their lives.  These
places have enable the space to be created where undivided attention
can be created and harnessed so that the meaning of the story or the
story tellers life can be realized. This relationship between people
is the essence of what I understand connectivity to be.  What gives it
life, is the multitude of ways the “story” is told.
        With in the confines of the family unit that I was born into some
principals where adhered to.  The stories that my parents told my
siblings and I were ones of perseverance and sacrifice of the
individual for the wellbeing and stability of the family.
        The story that stands by itself and will be reflected upon for the
rest of my life is one of my parents migration to Vermont from
Maryland.  When I was 18  months old and my sister was 2 years old my
parent chose to by a house in Brandon, Vermont.  This choice changed
the way of life my mother was living up to that time and ultimately
affected the manner in which her children perceived their lives.  The
story of my mother raising her family in Vermont is one of facing the
fear of doubt and uncertainty squarely and never backing down from
doing the right thing.  This concept of the “right thing” provides
flavor to the story because for a time in life a child is not
conscious of the events that are taking place around them as a
consequence of a parent doing what she felt was right. The
understanding what was is the right thing to do gave the story of
transition it's character and has enabled me to see the meaning within
the events that took place to bring children up.  Like a planet
revolving around a star, every position in the orbit provides a
perspective of the star that is unique.
        The story of my family was rooted in the fact that my mom choose to
be a stay at home mother who always put her children before “anyone”.
This enable an environment of consistency to be present for years.
The investment of time of a parent into their children is one of long
term investment in nature.  Time spent providing for a childs needs
shows the child that they are worth more then any amount of money.
This sense of self worth is what drive a person to explore what life
has to offer and to face ones own fears with confidence that they will
succeed in their endeavors.
        The stories of connectivity in this culture are being born every day
when people make the choice to express themselves and when people
chose to listen to these expressions of another with an open heart and
an calm mind.
                 The stories depicting "life" are born out of the
experiences that a person lives.