On Wed, 9 Feb 2011, Julien Chaffraix wrote:

I disagree here. Unit tests are not a replacement for system level testing IMHO. Unit tests are complementary to the existing tests that checks that netrc parsing + ftp works. Thus I disagree with removing any tests unless we can prove that they are superseeded by the unit tests.

Ok, you're right. Let's keep them and still make things as good as possible...

I mentioned at least one way to remove this code while keeping the test: namely that curl could have --netrc-file option. Daniel, I haven't heard your objection to this (rough) proposal though. Maybe there is another way to provide that option for test that needs the 'netrc' feature like a custom tool?

I like --netrc-file, it will be useful for other purposes too!

--

 / daniel.haxx.se