On Mon, 7 Feb 2022, Timothe Litt via curl-library wrote:

I see backends, but where are the protocols?  E.g. does a job test http(s)?  FTP?  etc.

It seems sensible to generate a list of the supported protocol each CI builds, yes. To help generate a better "coverage map".

Consider how to measure effectiveness - 100 seems like a lot. coverage?  How many bugs found?  Recently?

That would be interesting, but we really have no way of measuring that.

May be worth running most effective first, or tagging PRs with area affected so CI can test that first.  Or running less effective jobs less frequently...

The CI jobs do their best work on PRs, and for those there are no "less frequently" than once for each push since the CI jobs should then help detect problems in that particular push.

--

 / daniel.haxx.se