On Wed, Sep 21, 2022 at 10:46:45PM +0000, Dmitry Karpov via curl-library wrote:
> I think that my proposal will provide useful customization for dual-stack
> curl applications, and I am not sure that I fully understand your objections
> like " It might in your situation, but it wouldn't in everybody else's.".

My point is that adding a callback doesn't fix anything on its own. An
application would need to add a function to be called back, and so far, your
application is the only one that would currently use it. I suspect there is a
better way to solve this issue.  For example, you didn't answer this question
from my last message:

  If Curl_ipv6works() were not called in the CURL_IPRESOLVE_V6 case, would
  that solve the issues that are remaining?

Since you're calling it a regression, then where did that regression occur? Was
it in libcurl or in the kernel? Maybe this problem needs to be solved
elsewhere.

Dan