> On 13 Dec 2023, at 22:53, Dan Fandrich via curl-library
> <curl-library@lists.haxx.se> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Dec 13, 2023 at 09:49:07PM +0000, Dmitry Karpov via curl-library
> wrote:
>> I propose to add a simple check for the cookie file name length and call
>> fopen() only if it is greater than zero like:
>
> Sounds reasonable.
>
>>   if(data) {
>>     FILE *fp = NULL;
>> -    if(file) {
>> +    if(file && strlen(file) > 0) {
>>       if(!strcmp(file, "-"))
>
> This forces a traversal of the entire string, which isn't necessary. This
> would
> be much faster:
>
>    if(file && *file) {

Not necessarily, most compilers will optimize if(strlen(file)>0) into the
equivalent of if(*file) even at -O0 optimization level (even GCC 4.1 does that
according to godbolt.org).  It might still be worth doing though for more
arcane compilers on platforms that curl build on.

> Are you able to turn this into a PR?

+1

--
Daniel Gustafsson