On 12/21/2023 5:25 AM, Daniel Stenberg via curl-library wrote:
A comment problem people seem to have, is installing a custom libcurl somewhere, only to find that their new curl executable does not use the new libcurl but instead load another/system libcurl.

To help us not having to repeat ourselves as much in the future, I added a page to everything curl about it:

https://everything.curl.dev/build/separate

I'm proposing we add an explanation of rpath vs runpath. [1] I think the latter is better when available because it can be overridden by LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

[1]: https://github.com/bagder/everything-curl/pull/371