From: pang tee
Sent: Saturday, December 24, 2005 9:19 AM
Subject: Re: Bouncing balls in Curl

How do i solve the error below?

<Error> - An error occurred while loading this applet.
SecurityException: An unprivileged applet tried to read the local file 'file:///c:/control-panel-logo.gif'. This message is caused by an error in the applet, not by a problem with Surge or your computer.

Duke Briscoe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
pang tee wrote:

> Can someone make this 3D ball bounce at the click of a button and after
> 2 seconds stop the ball in mid air and make a random number appear on
> the face of the ball while the ball becomes bigger?/nearer to the screen?
>
> Thanks.
>
> */pang tee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>/* wrote:
>
> Is there any way to create bouncing balls in Curl?

See my attached applet for part of what you want t o do. You could substitute an
image of a ball instead of the image I used.

> I looked at the documentation and it seems sphere is used to distort
> a picture or input.
>
> Seems easier for me to just to used flash... is it correct?

Many animations are probably easier to do with Flash than with Curl's current tools.

-- Duke
{curl 4.0 applet}
{curl-file-attributes character-encoding = "windows-latin-1"}
{applet
{compiler-directives careful? = true}
}

{let c1:Canvas =
{Canvas width = 6in, height = 5in, border-width = 1pt, background = ""}
}
{value c1}

{let message:EllipseGraphic =
{EllipseGraphic
fill-color = {url "control-panel-logo.gif"},
height = 1in, width = 1in
}
}

{let overlay:OverlayBox =
{OverlayBox
{Frame valign = "center", message},
{Frame valign = "center",
height = 1in,
{huge color = "red",
Lucky Number!}
}
}
}

{do < BR>let start-x:Distance = 2in, start-y:Distance = 1in
{c1.add x = start-x, y = start-y, overlay}
let start-time:DateTime = {DateTime}
let drop-time:Time = 3s
{overlay.animate frequency = 60fps,
{on TimerEvent do
let elapsed-time:Time = {start-time.elapsed}
let t:Time = {abs (elapsed-time mod drop-time*2) - drop-time}
let y:Distance = start-y + 0.5 * 2(cm/s^2)*(t * t)
{c1.move-to-xy overlay, start-x, y}
}
}
}