On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 2:42 AM, Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <t...@hamartun.priv.no>
wrote:

> Lars Heidieker <l...@heidieker.de> writes:
>
> > are any pools with a limit are exhausted?
>
> Here's a possibly interesting data point:

Here's my interesting data point(s):

I have a Supermicro X7DCL (8-core, SATA drives, 24GB RAM), a Dell 2850
(8-core, SCSI drives, 6GB RAM) and another Dell 2850 (4-core, SCSI drives,
6GB RAM.) Both the 8-core machines are being used, so I shouldn't try to
trigger the stalls on them. I've been trying to reproduce them on the
unused 4-core system, though. I've built the world twice and traversed the
PKGSRC tree many times and I can't seem to get it to happen. Today,
however, I did a 'ls -Rl' on the 8-core Dell on a relatively small tree
(much smaller than PKSRC) and the system stalled for 40 seconds.

So, right now, I've only seen the stalls on my two 8-core machines. I
haven't been able to stall the 4-core machine. If I can schedule some
downtime, I'm thinking of moving the services to the 4-core system. Then
I'll have the 8-core Dell to try to debug. Unfortunately, I'm not there yet.

--
Rich