pr...@welche.eu (Patrick Welche) writes:

>In fact, the difference is between "-t" and "-rt":

>I deem "-t" output to be correct (and matches what I had in /etc/diskpart)

The in-kernel disklabel gets the RAW_PART from by the disk geometry
and if RAW_PART == 3, it gets d_partitions[2] from the MBR partition
table.

That explains why 'disklabel -t' looks correct, it shows the in-kernel
disklabel.

It doesn't explain why the on-disk label has the entries swapped.
When you edit the disklabel, the kernel writes to the disk. When
that corrects the error, the bug is in the disklabel program,
otherwise it's in the kernel.