While it's true you can't get everything it's possible to get a lot of
information from the rcs files and put them in an indexed sql database for
reporting purposes.
This is what viewvc (http://www.viewvc.org) does for it's query
capabilities.
While the information in the database is not so complete as the one you
get from auditing it does provide a significant amount of usefull indexed
information readily available in a blazingly fast mysql database, even if
you discovered the need for this info years after you started using CVS.

Kind Regards,

JAN KEIRSE
ICT-DEPARTMENT
Software quality & Systems: Software Engineer

[EMAIL PROTECTED] schreef op 04/11/2008 17:12:21:

> Fabio D'Alfonso wrote:
> > I would know if the feature supports importing data from an
> existing repository or works only on data subsequent the activation.
> >
> Audit records every action, whether it succeeds or not, including things

> that don't modify the repository.  There's no way of getting that kind
> of detail retroactively unfortunately.
>
> Tony
>
> Upgrade to CVS Suite for more features and support: http://march-
> hare.com/cvsnt/

**** DISCLAIMER ****
<A HREF="http://www.tvh.be/newen/pages/emaildisclaimer.html";>
http://www.tvh.be/newen/pages/emaildisclaimer.html </A>

"This message is delivered to all addressees subject to the conditions
set forth in the attached disclaimer, which is an integral part of this
message."