Bo/Shouvanik,

> Are you aware of the meaning of the C letter in the name CVS?
> It means Concurrent, which implies co-operative development.

That is incorrect - CVSNT are 5 letters, and that is all.

Since about version 2.0.58 CVSNT has supported both reserved and unreserved
versioning (-kx means 'reserved').  The CVSNT project has generally not
limited it's features to those that support a particular ideology or
methodology - rather to provide versioning tools that are useful for the
widest number of people and processes.

I know some people never updated CVSNT beyond 2.0.51 who strongly disagreed
with our decision to support reserved versioning in CVSNT.

I've rather taken lately to describing CVSNT as NoT CVS, I think it
communicates fairly clearly that CVSNT is somehow related to CVS but does
have considerably different features...

>From my experience 'selling' CVSNT commercially - you can convince far more
people to use concurrent/co-operative versioning if you let each team decide
on what methodology works best for them.  Eventually people on teams using
'reserved' versioning get to 'see' that teams using unreserved still get the
work done and they can easily 'switch' without migration, losing history and
other problems associated with using different tools for each process.

Regards,

Arthur