Huh. Interesting. The problem is that I just don’t trust LinkedIn. They’ve pulled shady stuff in the past, & I have no doubt that they’d try to do it again.

And this is a big problem, regardless:

"Intro works by pushing a security profile to your device," said the firm's blog. "But, these security profiles can do much, much more than just redirect your emails to different servers. A profile can be used to wipe your phone, install applications, delete applications, restrict functionality, and a whole heap of other things." [http://www.bishopfox.com/blog/2013/10/linkedin-intro/]

The question is, do you trust LinkedIn? And are the (minimal) benefits worth the risks?

Scott
--
R. Scott Granneman
sc...@granneman.com ~ www.granneman.com ~ granneman.tel

“Where a computer like the ENIAC is equipped with 18,000 vacuum tubes and weighs 30 tons, computers in the future may have only 1,000 vacuum tubes and weigh only 1 1/2 tons.”
      ---Popular Mechanics, March 1949