Hi,

in an application I have to call an external program, read back the
external programs output and to receive it's exit code. This works fine
from the python interpreter from the console, but I get problems after
freezing it as a windows application. I have stripped down the problem
to a small example.

In my example, I use "ls" from the gnuwin32-shelltools as external
program. I then instantiate a subprocess.Popen instance using

subprocess.Popen([lsCommand, "-l"], stdout=subprocess.PIPE)

Then I use a loop, which calls poll() until the Popen instance's
returncode is different from None.

This works fine using a python interpreter using a shell. If frozen as
windows application ("Win32GUI") I get a WindowsError indicating the
handle is invalid.

The problem is probably that a windows application does not have stdout,
stdin like a console application. Is there any way to work around this
problem, enabling me to start an external program, read it's output and
receive it's return code from a frozen windows application?

Any help would be appreciated

    Wolfgang