Hi all,

Am trying to figure out the semantics of the default bus in CXF; I can
see that BusFactory returns a Bus interface, and so far I've found two
implementations of this interface:

*       org.apache.cxf.bus.cxf.CXFBusImpl; and,
*       org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.SpringBusImpl.

When I call defaultBus() in a standalone service I get an instance of
SpringBusImpl. Under what circumstances would I get a CXFBusImpl
returned? Should we ever refer to SpringBusImpl directly in code (for
example, using explicit constructors from the SpringBusImpl class)? Does
this create a dependency later on, forcing me to deploy in the spring
container?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Ade.

Adrian Trenaman

Principal Consultant, IONA Technologies.

E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

P: +353-1-6372659

M: +353-86-6051026