Wow.  You guys are good!  Thanks for educating me!  That's a far better
solution than anything I had proposed. =)

-Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Sergey Beryozkin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 11:38 AM
To: Sergey Beryozkin; cxf-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: MTOM "By Request"

One clarification :

>>  I don't think there's a way to detect whether or not MTOM should be
>> used on the client side of things.

Given the assertion below (which is advertised by a service in its WSDL)
the WS-Policy aware client can inspect the service's policy
assertions and find out that it may use MTOM if it wishes
to...Furthermore, the policy-aware client (NET is most likely able to do

it) can decide through the intersection if it wants to talk to this
service depending on whether it supports MTOM or not

Cheers, Sergey