Is this a "java first" case or a "wsdl first" case?   Are there headers
or soap w/ attachments involved?   Also, is it a "wrapped"
doc/lit, "bare" doc/lit, or rpc/lit?

If it's a java first case with a wrapped doc/lit endpoint, can you try
running java2wsdl with the "-s dir" flags to generate the wrapper types.
That SHOULD work better.

Is there anyway you can send along the wsdl and the service
interface/class?   (You can send to me privately if that's preferred)

If I can get a reproduceable test case, it should be much easier to
debug.

Dan

On Monday 16 July 2007 15:56, Clough, Samuel (USPC.PRG.Atlanta) wrote:
> I'm looking for any help I can get on debugging a "wrong number of
> arguments error."  I'm getting from a cxf service hosted via the
> embedded Jetty server.  We just started a new project and used XFire
> for the web services and then ripped it out and put in CXF and don't
> have much experience with either so I'm definitely on the wrong end of
> the learning curve.  Anyway, for one service that takes an simple
> object as a parameter is constantly throwing "wrong number of
> arguments"  The stack track points all the way down the Sun reflection
> calls.  I've tried stripping out the boolean and Date properties until
> I'm left with just 7 String properties and I'm still getting the error
> every time the service is called.  Does anyone have any idea how I can
> debug this further?  I just can't find what is causing the problem and
> I've spent about 7 hours on this now.  Other calls on the same service
> class work fine and if I strip the parameter class down to just one or
> two string properties it works.  Any help would be greatly
> appreciated!

J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer
IONA