Thanks, that helps.  Just so I understand this, does this mean CXF no
longer supports using MTOM via Aegis binding when using the embedded
Jetty instance like Xfire did?

-----Original Message-----
From: Freeman Fang [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 10:28 PM
To: cxf-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to enable mtom on the embedded server?

Hi Samuel,

javax.xml.ws.soap.SOAPBinding is class from jax-ws api, so you need make
your service jaxws compatible
add jaxws BindingType annotation into your TestServiceImpl
@BindingType (value = SoapBinding.SOAP11HTTP_MTOM_BINDING)
And use JaxWsServerFactoryBean instead of ServerFactoryBean to create
your server.
You can get more details from JaxWsServerFactoryBean.

Best Regards
Freeman

Clough, Samuel (USPC.PRG.Atlanta) wrote:
> Ok, I'm trying to add this to a service hosted by the
ServerFactoryBean
> (the way specified in the Xfire migration guide) .
>
> If I do the following to get to the binding to turn on MTOM:
>
> ServerFactoryBean sf = new ServerFactoryBean();
>
> sf.getServiceFactory().setDataBinding(new AegisDatabinding());
> sf.setServiceBean(new TestServiceImpl());
> sf.setServiceClass(TestService.class);
> sf.setAddress("http://localhost:8192/test/TestService";);
> sf.create();
>
> SoapBinding binding = (SoapBinding)
> sf.getServer().getEndpoint().getBinding();
>
> I'm getting back a type of org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.SoapBinding
which
> has no option to turn on MTOM that I can see.  According to the
> documentation, I need to get back a type of
> javax.xml.ws.soap.SOAPBinding.  How do I start the service so that I'm
> getting SOAPBinding and can turn on the MTOM?

No
> Access, copying or re-use of information by non-intended or
> non-authorized recipients is prohibited. If you are not an intended
> recipient of this E-mail, please notify the sender, delete it and do
not
> read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or redistribute any
> portion of this E-mail.
> The transmission and content of this E-mail cannot be guaranteed to be
> secure or error-free. Therefore, we cannot represent that the
> information in this E-mail is complete, accurate, uncorrupted, timely
or
> free of viruses, and Princeton Retirement Group, Inc. cannot accept
any
> liability for E-mails that have been altered in the course of
delivery.
> Princeton Retirement Group, Inc. reserves the right to monitor, review
> and retain all electronic communications, including E-mail, traveling
> through its networks and systems (subject to and in accordance with
> local laws). If any of your details are incorrect or if you no longer
> wish to receive mailings such as this by E-mail please contact the
> sender by reply E-mail.

Princeton Retirement Group, Inc - Important Terms
This E-mail is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or
entity in any location where such distribution or use would be contrary to law
or regulation, or which would subject Princeton Retirement Group, Inc. or any
affiliate to any registration requirement within such location.
This E-mail may contain privileged or confidential information or may otherwise
be protected by work product immunity or other legal rules. No confidentiality
or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. Access, copying or