Hi, Mark

I think your service code is good, it could be something wrong in your client. I write some similiar code as yours, and I also write a client, it just works fine.

below is the client consumer code that I am writting:

       URL wsdlURL = new URL("http://localhost:8080/um/soapService?wsdl";);
       assertNotNull(wsdlURL);
QName serviceName = new QName("http://biz.app.com/";, "SoapServiceImplService");
       Service service = Service.create(wsdlURL, serviceName);
SoapService client = service.getPort(SoapService.class);
       System.out.println(client.sayHi());
       assertEquals("Hi",client.sayHi());

can you test your service with this sort of client and to see what you can get.

Thanks
Jeff Yu

Mark Babcock wrote:
I have built the following tutorial with no issues:

http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/writing-a-service-with-spring.html

However, I added my own concrete class and interface and new endpoint in
the beans.xml

And I can visit the url and see a wsdl.  But every time I try to consume
it all my objects from what I just created are null.   Why?

----- beans.xml -------

<beans xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans";

         xmlns:jaxws="http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws";

         xsi:schemaLocation="

http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/jaxws.xsd";>

            <import
resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-soap.xml" />

            <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-servlet.xml" />

            <jaxws:endpoint

                  id="xscout"

implementor="com.cid.xscout.service.XscoutWebServiceImpl"

                  address="/XscoutWebService" />

            <jaxws:endpoint

                  id="helloWorld"

                  implementor="com.cid.xscout.demo.HelloWorldImpl"

                  address="/HelloWorld" />

</beans>
------------------  interface ------------

package com.cid.xscout.service;

import com.cid.xscout.bean.Document;

import com.cid.xscout.bean.Taxonomy;

import javax.jws.WebMethod;

import javax.jws.WebService;

@WebService

public interface XscoutWebService {

      @WebMethod

      String a();

}

package com.cid.xscout.service;

import javax.jws.WebService;

@WebService

public class XscoutWebServiceImpl implements XscoutWebService{

public String a() { return "why";}

}