No, this won't work. I posted an e-mail on the dev list about this yesterday. The problem is the WSS4JInInterceptor doesn't accept a Map<String, Object> only a Map<String, String> so there is no way to ref an instantiated object.

Julio Arias wrote:
Hello -

You could use something like this, but there is a bug in the WSS4JInInterceptor https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-819 that needs to be address beffore you can use a password callback by reference

<jaxws:endpoint id="metadataService" address="/MetadataService" implementor="#metadataServiceImpl">
        <jaxws:inInterceptors>
<bean class="org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.saaj.SAAJInInterceptor"/> <bean class="org.apache.cxf.ws.security.wss4j.WSS4JInInterceptor">
                <property name="properties">
                    <map>
                        <entry key="action" value="UsernameToken"/>
                        <entry key="passwordType" value="PasswordText"/>
<entry key="passwordCallbackRef" value-ref="authenticationCallbackHandler"/>
                    </map>
                </property>
            </bean>
        </jaxws:inInterceptors>