You can probably implement Spring's InitializingBean and
DisposableBean interfaces. Those are called during the BeanFactory
lifecycle.
http://www.springframework.org/docs/api/org/springframework/beans/factory/InitializingBean.html
http://www.springframework.org/docs/api/org/springframework/beans/factory/DisposableBean.html

This implies that Spring is instantiating your impl, and not cxf. I'm
not sure if that's the case though. This also implies that your ok
with implementing Spring interfaces :P