From: Rich.Baldwin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 1:49 PM
To: cxf-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: cxf deployment to tomcat

Looking through the cxf samples and the build.xml files, I noticed that
the target tomcat layout is 5.0 or 5.5.  At tomcat 6.0, by default the
shared/lib goes away unless defined in properties files.  So my question

concerns classloader issues and servlet engine dependencies.  Is the
recommended deployment for TC 6 to dump all cxf.home/lib jars into the
tomcat/lib directory or keep them in the project WEB-INF/lib or to
configure properties such that shared/lib and common/lib are used?  Are
there jars in cxf.home/lib which MUST be deployed to tomcat/lib for the
cxf server stack to work?    The tomcat folks have been strongly hinting

for years that users avoid adding to tomcat/lib to avoid portability
issues, classloader issues, package conflict issues, etc.

Tx, Rich