Hi Benson ,

This class is generated as per Jaxws spec 2.5 .

I think the string message in constructor is useful if there is no message in X to tell us what the fault is or where throw this fault . The below is the sample we use the message to indicate where cause this error :
          throw new XFault("XFault raised by server when ....", X);

We also can add a constructor (X x , Throwable cause) for your case . Can you log an enhancement in CXF jira?

Regards

Jim

Benson Margulies wrote:
The objects generated by wsdl2java for faults seem unnecessarily clumsy.

I get a POJO + annotations that corresponds to the fault type. Call it
'X'.

Then I get XFault.

To construct an XFault over a Throwable, I need to provide a message ---

(String message, X x, Throwable cause)

Could there not be no-message constructor? All the information I want to
transmit is inside the x object.