moraleslos wrote:
Hi--

Having gone through the Spring Web Services (SWS) manifesto about
contract-first as well as their sample examples, I wonder how CXF matches up
with SWS.  I know that CXF allows contract-first development, but is it as
simple as SWS?  For example, with SWS, all I need to do is define the XSD
for my types (the messages and such being passed or returned).  I can then
have SWS generate the WSDL using basic conventions and the XSDs defined.

You are looking for xsd2wsdl tools in CXF,
alone with the wsdl2soap, you can add the soap binding , you can add xml binding with wsdl2xml

The
only other thing to do is to implement the endpoints (Java) that will handle
the service.

This can be done in wsdl2java, we also generate the ant build file, so pretty much a jaxws project CXF tools is a pluggable framework, the default frontend is jaxws, and default dababinding is jaxb,

Hope this answer your question.

Regards,
James

From looking through the CXF site, it looks that if you do
contract-first, you must define the WSDL along with the XSDs and Java
service implementations (probably using JSR-181). Is this the case?
Thanks in advance!

-los