I don't find a way to set the Provider properties from JAXWS API. If you can tell the @ServiceMode's value from the script engine, I think you can easily pick up a annotated Provider template class.
Here is only 2 types service mode.

BTW, if you use the JaxWsServerFactoryBean to create the server. You can write your own class which extends JaxWsImplementorInfo for some provider property programming work.

Willem.

Javier Arauz wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to develop an engine that allows me to script WS
consumer&provider implementations. I'm using CXF as my underlying WS
implementation.

For the consumer part I'm using Dispatch instances that delegate work to the
script engine code. So far, so good. However, for the provider part I've hit
a wall: I can't see a way of writing a generic (i.e. valid for any WS)
Provider that delegates work to the script engine, since according to the
JAX-WS documentation I need to provide annotations describing the service to
the Provider class file. Since annotations can't be set in run-time I can't
write my generic Provider.

I've thought of writing a Provider template that is completed with
annotations and compiled in runtime when a WS is invoked, but it sounds like
a cumbersome solution. Does anybody know if there is a programmatic way of
setting the Provider properties that these annotations set?

Regards,
/Javier