Well, the issue is that the system is "working as designed", however, it
may not be working as the user THINKS it is designed.

For example, if I create an exception like:

public class FooException extends Exception {
   String user, group;
   public FooException(String msg, String user, String group) {
        super(msg);
        this.user = user;
        this.group = group;
   }
   ....  getter/setters for group/user ....
}
and throw that, I MAY expect the user and group to be added to the
details of the fault and then mapped into a FooException on the client
side.     However, that won't happen with JAXB because it doesn't have a
default constructor so it would never be added to the context.   Logging
at FINE basically would never tell me that the databinding couldn't
handle it.

That's pretty much why I made it log at WARNING.   It falls into the "we
do have a default behavior to handle this, but it's probably not what
you want" realm of things that I do like to let the user know about.

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer