We are using CXF to build an SSO and general intergration platform at
my workplace.

We initially started out with XFire but decided in the last minute
(and about three days after CXF 2.0 was released IIRC) to go with CXF
instead, even though it meant scraping some of work we already had
done on some general components.

We did this even though XFire is very mature and production ready,
because if you want to build software with a future, it's best to use
technologies that have a future as well; CXF is young and has its
kinks, but it also has momentum and a growing community as far as I
can tell, and this made it a better option for us then XFire.

I personally consider CXF production ready; we haven't got any CXF
services in production systems just yet, though we have some handfuls
in staging environments and they are humming along quite handsomly.

--
Venlig hilsen / Kind regards,
Christian Vest Hansen.