O , You just need create a CounterRepository which
will help you setup whole interceptors for the counter work now.

Here is a configuration for your:

<beans xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans";
       xmlns:im="http://cxf.apache.org/management";
       xsi:schemaLocation="
http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans.xsd";>

    <!-- InstrumetationManager's setting -->
    <bean id="InstrumentationManager"
class="org.apache.cxf.management.jmx.InstrumentationManagerImpl">
        <property name="bus" ref="cxf" />
        <property name="enabled" value="true" />
        <property name="JMXServiceURL"
value="service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:9914/jmxrmi" />
    </bean>

    <!-- Wiring the counter repository -->
    <bean id="CounterRepository"
class="org.apache.cxf.management.counters.CounterRepository">
        <property name="bus" ref="cxf" />
    </bean>

</beans>

Willem.