[Liu, Jervis] If I understand your problem correctly, your service fails to
return a valid result (does the "String webService (String queryString)" method
throw an exception?) when FrontEndService is implemented in a certain way. Not
sure what you mean by "if FrontEndService is an interface". Anyway, this seems
to be a problem in your application code rather than a problem in CXF. A simply
way to find out is to write a standalone Java mainline to get WebService
instance from spring context then invoke "String webService (String
queryString)" from your java mainline to see how it goes. Most likely it is a
problem in your application code or sth wrong with your spring configuration.

Cheers,
Jervis