I created a spring CXF web service and deployed it on tomcat.

I wrote a web service client (using jdk 1.4) using the
ClientFactoryProxyBean.  When I execute a web service method from the
client, I see that the parameter to the method argument is null on the
server even though the client sent it in the request.

But upon closer look, I noticed that the element name for the method
argument in the request SOAP message is incorrect.

The message sent to the server is:
<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";>
<soap:Body><ns1:getObjecttById
xmlns:ns1="http://demo.webservice/";><arg0>5530916</arg0></ns1:getActByPid></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>

It really should be (notice that arg0 should be namespaced 'id'):
<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";>
<soap:Body><ns1:getObjecttById xmlns:ns1="http://demo.webservice/";><ns2:id
xmlns:ns2="http://model.webservice/";>5530916</ns2:id></ns1:getObjectById></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>

How can I either
1. make the server understand the argument correctly
2. send the right XML from the client so that its understood by the server.

thanks,