Hi ,

I think Resin 3.1.3 may ship a earlier version of jaxws-api.jar and CXF need to use the jaxws-api.2.0.jar. As you know , JDK 1.60_02 ships with jaxws-api.2.0 jar , so Resin's jaxws-api jar will get no chance to be loaded. But there is no any jaxws-api.jar in JDK 1.5.0_06, and the Resin's jaxws-api is loaded.

You just need to endorse the jaxws-api.jar or let the war's lib jars load first.

Here are some documents for you [1]

[1]http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/appserverguide.html

Willem.

Atif Khan wrote:
I have a simple Hello World application that is configured following:

HelloWorld.java Interface

@WebService
public interface HelloWorld
{
  String sayHello( @WebParam(name="text") String text );
}

HelloWorldImpl.java
@WebService(endpointInterface = "test.jws.HelloWorld")
public class HelloWorldImpl
  implements HelloWorld

and the Spring configuration looks like:

  <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-soap.xml" />
  <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-servlet.xml" />
  <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-xml.xml" />
  <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-http-binding.xml"
/>
  <jaxws:endpoint id="helloWorld" implementor="test.jws.HelloWorldImpl"
address="/HelloWorld" />

I am bundling this as a WAR and running on Caucho Resin 3.1.3. When I start
the application server under JDK 1.6.0_02, it works fine and serves
requests. The problem occurs while starting the application server under JDK
1.5.0_06. I am getting the UnsupportedOperationException when Spring tries
to initialize the HelloWorldImpl bean. Here is the stack trace:

[17:39:45.436] Could not find the configuration file cxf.xml on the
classpath.
[17:40:23.107] org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'helloWorld': Instantiation of bean failed;
nested exception is java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
[17:40:23.107] Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
[17:40:23.107]     at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
Method)
[17:40:23.107]     at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(
NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
[17:40:23.107]     at
sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(
DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
[17:40:23.107]     at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(
Constructor.java:494)
[17:40:23.107]     at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(
BeanUtils.java:85)
[17:40:23.107]     at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy.instantiate
(SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:87)
[17:40:23.107]     at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.autowireConstructor
(ConstructorResolver.java:186)
[17:40:23.107]     at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.autowireConstructor
(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:795)
[17:40:23.107]     at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBeanInstance
(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:713)
[17:40:23.107]     at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean
(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:386)
[17:40:23.107]     at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(
AbstractBeanFactory.java:249)
[17:40:23.107]     at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton
(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:155)
[17:40:23.107]     at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(
AbstractBeanFactory.java:246)
[17:40:23.107]     at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(
AbstractBeanFactory.java:160)
[17:40:23.107]     at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons
(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:291)
[17:40:23.107]     at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(
AbstractApplicationContext.java:352)
[17:40:23.107]     at
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(
ContextLoader.java:245)
[17:40:23.107]     at
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(
ContextLoader.java:188)
[17:40:23.107]     at
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(
ContextLoaderListener.java:49)
[17:40:23.107]     at com.caucho.server.webapp.WebApp.start(WebApp.java
:1793)
[17:40:23.107]     at com.caucho.server.deploy.DeployController.startImpl(
DeployController.java:646)
[17:40:23.107]     at
com.caucho.server.deploy.StartAutoRedeployAutoStrategy.startOnInit(
StartAutoRedeployAutoStrategy.java:72)
[17:40:23.107]     at com.caucho.server.deploy.DeployController.startOnInit(
DeployController.java:528)
[17:40:23.107]     at com.caucho.server.deploy.DeployContainer.start(
DeployContainer.java:163)
[17:40:23.107]     at com.caucho.server.webapp.WebAppContainer.start(
WebAppContainer.java:675)
[17:40:23.107]     at com.caucho.server.host.Host.start(Host.java:437)
[17:40:23.107]     at com.caucho.server.deploy.DeployController.startImpl(
DeployController.java:646)
[17:40:23.107]     at
com.caucho.server.deploy.StartAutoRedeployAutoStrategy.startOnInit(
StartAutoRedeployAutoStrategy.java:72)
[17:40:23.107]     at com.caucho.server.deploy.DeployController.startOnInit(
DeployController.java:528)
[17:40:23.107]     at com.caucho.server.deploy.DeployContainer.start(
DeployContainer.java:163)
[17:40:23.107]     at com.caucho.server.host.HostContainer.start(
HostContainer.java:479)
[17:40:23.107]     at com.caucho.server.cluster.Server.start(Server.java
:1151)
[17:40:23.107]     at com.caucho.server.cluster.Cluster.startServer(
Cluster.java:719)
[17:40:23.107]     at com.caucho.server.cluster.ClusterServer.startServer(
ClusterServer.java:455)
[17:40:23.107]     at com.caucho.server.resin.Resin.start(Resin.java:694)
[17:40:23.107]     at com.caucho.server.resin.Resin.initMain(Resin.java
:1114)
[17:40:23.107]     at com.caucho.server.resin.Resin.main(Resin.java:1316)
[17:40:23.107] Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
[17:40:23.107]     at javax.xml.ws.WebServicePermission.<init>(
WebServicePermission.java:40)
[17:40:23.107]     at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.EndpointImpl.<clinit>(
EndpointImpl.java:60)