Hi Barrie,

We do not use HTTPClient to send the request in CXF HTTP transport.
If you want to replace the CXF's HTTPConduit[1] with HTTPClient , I think you need to implement the Conduit[2] API with HTTPClient.
Anyway , you can fill a JIRA[3] for it and the patches are welcome ;)

[1]https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cxf/trunk/rt/transports/http/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/transport/http/HTTPConduit.java
[2]https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cxf/trunk/rt/core/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/transport/AbstractConduit.java
[3]http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF

Willem.

Barrie Selack wrote:
To authenticate against a digest-authentication web service, I've found the
only way is using HTTPClient 3.

1)       Is there a way to tell CXF to use HTTPClient as the HTTP transport
instead of the default?
2)       Or is there a way to have the default do digest-authentication

Thanks,
Barrie

Disclaimer: This e-mail message is intended only for the personal use of
the recipient(s) named above. If you are not an intended recipient, you
may not review, copy or distribute this message. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete
the original message.

This e-mail expresses views only of the sender, which are not to be
attributed to Rite Aid Corporation and may not be copied or distributed
without this statement.