Guillaume,

The mapping of the operation to a wrapper type (assume wrapped doc/lit)
is part of the frontend, not databinding (unless there are
@Request/@ResponseWrapper annotations, but that's still JAX-WS only so
really is still frontend related).

Thus, it depends on which ServiceFactory you are using.   If you are
using the stuff from the Simple frontend, the @WebResult isn't going to
work.    If you use the JaxWs stuff, then it will work.

That said, in your case, what you might want to do is register a subclass
of AbstractServiceConfiguration that overrides the
getOutParameterName(...) call (index would be -1 for the return I think)
that returns something other than "return" for the -1 case, but returns
null for the other cases so it will continue to the next service
configuration object.

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp