AFAIK you just have trouble to create the DynamicClientFactory instance, which mainly create the CXF bus instance.

I think you can try out to deploy the basic simples into your Tomcat6. May be it will show you the key of the issue.

You can download the CXF kit here[1] , and try the $CXF_HOME\samples\wsdl_first

[1]http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF/download.html

Willem.

Phil Gibbs wrote:
Being a selfish soul, I'd like to see a Dynamic Client example.  I saw one on
this forum and sort of used that code to create my own but it throws an
exception creating an instance of DynamicClientFactory as in,
DynamicClientFactory dcf = DynamicClientFactory.newInstance();
The exception provides zero info and there's nothing in the log (on Tomcat
6)
By the way I'm trying to invoke a service that I wrote in my XFire days. Using Dynamic Client in XFire it works fine.
Any help greatly appreciated.  Oh, I'm also trying to build with Maven as i
did when using XFire, but I cannot get it to work even when pointing to the
CXF artifacts.

dkulp wrote:
OK. Let's flip this around a bit... Describe the type of example that would (or would have) helped you do what you wanted to do. We can work to get one in place.

CXF has a bunch of samples already that cover a large variety of different configuations and samples. Knowing where they are deficient can help us get them improved.

Dan