Hello Benson,
yes, I did do the changes but still gave me the same problem
(org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault: Message part {http://pojo.spring.demo/}sayHi
<http://pojo.spring.demo/%7DsayHi>  was not recognized.)
so I than made the following alterations;

On the server side;
1- in my service interface/impl used jax-ws annotations.
2- in my spring config used the latest changes as defined at
http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/aegis-databinding.html
<http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/aegis-databinding.html>

On the client side;
1- in my client code used JaxWsProxyFactoryBean factory = new
JaxWsProxyFactoryBean();
2- left the code as factory.getServiceFactory().setDataBinding(new
AegisDatabinding());

Now it works !!!! Hmmmm... ??? Any thoughts on this?
I am not sure if this work around is safe because I shall next attempt using
complex types (e.g. Vector) on the interface methods.

Cheers
Tezcan