Yes,  create the service and initialize the data binding take lots of time.

Since CXF build a new service and data binding for each endpoint , I think we could cached the service object with the service name. This feature is useful for a big WSDL with one service and several ports.

Any thought?

For the WSDLManagerImpl.getDefinition(), one put is taking the URL as the KEY
and the other put is using the url.toString() as the Key.

Willem.

Christopher Cheng wrote:
wsdl is indeed cached in WSDLManagerImpl.definitionsMap

After reading the codes, I have some questions. My workstation is a PentiumD
3GHz with 1.5GB RAM

In the class
"org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.buildServiceFromWSDL(String
url)",
"setService(factory.create());" takes 3 seconds
"getDataBinding().initialize(getService());" takes 2 seconds

These 2 methods are called even in 2nd calls. Can you also cache the
services perhaps using jakarta commons-pool? or eh-cache?

By the way, I found that the wsdl is put into the definitionMap twice if "
WSDLManagerImpl.getDefinition(URL url)" is called. First in
"getDefintion(URL url)" at line 147 and second in "loadDefinition(String
url)" at line 201.

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 4:22 PM, Christopher Cheng <
wsdl is indeed cached in WSDLManagerImpl.definitionsMap

After reading the codes, I have some questions. My workstation is a
PentiumD 3GHz with 1.5GB RAM

In the class "
org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.buildServiceFromWSDL(String
url)",
"setService(factory.create());" takes 3 seconds
"getDataBinding().initialize(getService());" takes 2 seconds

These 2 methods are called even in 2nd calls. Can you also cache the
services perhaps using jakarta commons-pool? or eh-cache?

By the way, I found that the wsdl is put into the definitionMap twice if "
WSDLManagerImpl.getDefinition(URL url)" is called. First in
"getDefintion(URL url)" at line 147 and second in "loadDefinition(String
url)" at line 201.

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 9:43 AM, Willem Jiang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>