hi all,

I'm writing a automated system for monitoring certain quality of service properties (e.g., response time, etc) from a client-side perspective. this works quite well as long as no fault occur on the service provider that i'm trying to invoke. I use a couple of interceptors in the IN and OUT chains to achieve it.

in case of a fault that occurs on the server, I need to be aware of this fault at the client side (e.g., I need to log the fault message etc into a database).

the problem I'm struggling with it the following: if a fault occurs on the server my incoming interceptor chain at the client side is not processed to the latest phase where I have my interceptor that stores all the stuff into the database. the interceptor chain stops after the READ phase on my client (thats what I could see in the debugger).

I've experimented a bit with a simple interceptor that just dumps a message to the console upon calling handleMessage() and handleFault(). I've added to every phase in the IN and FAULT chain, nevertheless handleFault() is never called upon receiving a fault message from the server.

could someone please clarify how faults from the server can be handled in the client-side interceptor chains (i'm using cxf v2.05)?

thanks,
-Florian