Right. Spring calls commons-logging. Commons-logging will take log4j if
available, otherwise it will resort to j.u.l. CXF does not use
commons-logging, it just uses j.u.l unless you tell it otherwise.

You need to configure log4j, or tell commons-logging to use j.u.l, to get
control of those messages.