From:   "George", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

It reloads with the same dies as the .308 Win. Different shell holder. I
thought it used the same data, but, I checked my Hornady manual and it is
200 FPS slower with a 150 grain bullet. I wonder if it could be loaded up in
a gas operated rifle.
George

--
They've apparently gotten it working in the FAL!

Presumably Hornady were using a model 94 for this data.

This is just another classic illustration of a stupid gun law.

I am sure a FAL chambered in .307 can fire .308 no problem at all,
at most you might have to swap the extractor.  In France it might
be somewhat effective a law because you can't buy military ammo
without the appropriate license, but if I'm reading the Spanish
law correctly they have a license for long guns which is marginally
tougher to get than a shotgun certificate here, but you can buy
almost any rifle or shotgun with it.  You just have to get
a purchase permit from the police for each gun in addition
to having the license, which looks straightforward.  So with
the license you can buy .308 anyway, because you can still
have a bolt-action in that calibre.

I'm beginning to understand why so many English people move
to Spain<G>.

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]