From:   Norman Bassett, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi, Steve

I was looking at "The Scotsman" newspaper on microfilm
yesterday for about 3.5 hours - Cullen Inquiry stuff 2
May 1996-11 July 1996.

On 1 June 1996 The Scotsman reported:

"Mrs Ogilvie told the third day of Lord Cullen's
inquiry that a Scottish Television car was regularly
outside Hamilton's house. Police cars were also parked
outside the house 'once or twice a month. Quite often
a police car was there'."

I was attempting to find an article I remembered
reading at the time in which McMurdo's police
chauffeur said that he'd been a regular visitor to
Hamilton's house for a couple of hours about once a
fortnight. I failed to find that report in The
Scotsman, but the item I DID find clearly points to my
recollection being correct but maybe I was looking in
the wrong newspaper. Looking through so much microfilm
is not easy on the eyes or the concentration. The
Scottish Television car was run by a cameraman who
gave evidence, incidentally.

My impression is that of 169 witnesses the testimony
of about 30 was directly reported in The Scotsman.
Some days there was nothing at all and a lot of the
time just a snippet. More of a comic than a "news"
paper, but aren't they all?

Clearly we need access to the Cullen Inquiry
transcripts without having to travel to Edinburgh for
it.

Are there any Cybershooters living in Glasgow?

Regards
Norman Bassett
drakenfels.org

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]