From:   Norman Bassett, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I was much impressed about 5 years back with a .22LR
sideshow at the Birmingham shooting show in the
National Exhibition Centre there.

The shooting was down three 12" diameter steel pipes
at lit targets on target holders. The .22LR rifles
were a pump, a semi-automatic and a lever-action. The
man running the thing said the bullet traps were
circular things rather like snail shells that the
bullets ricochetted around inside until they stopped -
also he said it was the last touring .22LR sideshow in
the UK to his knowledge.

It strikes me that "down the pipe" shooting must be
one of the most economical range-construction methods.
You could shoot under your back garden from your
cellar or a specially-constructed pit under a
trapdoor. On a larger scale you'd have no problems at
all with backstops and little with noise.
Multiple-pipe setups could be constructed to suit for
clubs.

Has anybody got any experience of similar "ranges"?

Regards
Norman Bassett
drakenfels.org
--
There are pubs that have setups like this, we refurbed
a pub in the middle of Birmingham that appeared to have

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]