From:   "Alex Hamilton", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Steve,
I have bought a load of R.G re loading component. I am
using 43.4g of powder (their powder) behind their 155g
bullet. I have had good success up to 600y.
Can anyone tell me if they have used it at 900 and 1000
yards.

Regards

Tina

Tina,

There is no reason at all why your reloads should not be
accurate at 900 and 1,000 yds if they are already accurate
at 600 yds.  provided the bullets do not go subsonic at
the longest range.   If in doubt ask the markers at 1,000
yds if they can hear the supersonic crack, but be
prepared for "silly" replies.

I was using cast lead bullets at 200 yds recently and
when I asked that question there was much hesitation and
then the reply came: "What do you mean by supersonic?"

"It's faster than the speed of sound", I explained, only
to be assured that they were really pelting as he could
not see them coming over!  "But what do you hear?"  "Loud
cracks, but I have turned the volume on my CD right up!"

With careful powder weighing and seating the bullets
withing .020" of the lands, your reloads should beat the
issue ammunition hands down.

Alex

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]