From:   Jeremy Peter Howells, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The Pattern Room collection does not include the APC
equipped to spool hundreds of feet of thin wire around
and through a crowd and then send a tazer like electrical
shock through it.  Semi-lethal is the term one commentator
made about it as the fatality rate was more than
negligibile if it was used is wet or rainy conditions or
people got multiple shocks.

The cattle and riot prods produced by other British
companies don't appear at the Pattern Room either, nor
their riot stick derivatives.

There are lots of others.

One of our lesser know export successes is in such
equipment lines.  However the FCO keeps it very quiet,
but it still gets into the press rather to frequently
for their liking, especially when a campaigning journalist
gets into one of the FCO/MOD organised sales displays that
include such things.

Rather embarrassing for our ethical exports policies.

Regards

Jerry

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]